The Science Department at Aldwickbury believes that it is crucial that everyone leaves school with a scientific literacy level that will enable them to engage meaningfully in the many decisions they will make throughout their lives that involve science.
From our health to the environment, science has never been more prominent a feature of our everyday lives and so we believe it is imperative that our boys are able to do the following:
- Enjoy and explore the incredible natural world around them.
- Design, safely carry out and evaluate scientific investigations.
- Discuss, describe and explain a wealth of scientific knowledge on which they can then build in their next schools.
- Question the science-routed political, economic and environmental decisions that will affect their futures.
- Effectively apply their scientific knowledge and skills in exams.