In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, much planning and organisation has been put into the return to school for the Aldwickbury boys. Routines will continue to be reviewed as government advice changes. Please check this page frequently for the latest news and updates regarding our approach to COVID-19 at Aldwickbury School.
As per government guidelines, we are taking a number of precautions to ensure the safety of all members of the school community. These include:
- We have created year group bubbles. Reception and Year 1 form a bubble and Year 7 and 8 form a bubble. All other year groups have single bubbles.
- Boys are in bubbles for classroom, playtime and lunchtime, as well as games for the older boys.
- Drop off and collection have been staggered in order to minimise congestion in the car park. Parents have been asked to then leave the car park as soon as possible so that we continue to respect social distancing guidelines.
- Wrap Around Care is being phased in to ensure the integrity of the bubbles.
- Personal hygiene and social distancing are at the heart of our procedures on infection control and keeping all members of the community safe. Over the summer we have added an extra 38 basins around the school. We will continue to follow the guidelines around sensible social distancing coupled with the promotion of good personal hygiene.
- To protect all members of the school community on site, we continue to follow evolving national guidance regarding pupils, their families and staff displaying symptoms of Coronavirus.