Teaching Assistant in the Pre-Prep (Reception to Year 2)
NVQ Level 3 and above preferred
8.00am – 3.15pm 3 days per week
8.00am – 1.00pm 2 days per week
The following duties are those that all staff may be required to perform:
- To be an integral part of a team that accepts the collective responsibility for the health, education and welfare of the boys in the school.
- To assist in the implementation of the aims and philosophies of the school, which are based upon developing each boy’s natural ability to the full.
- To play as full a part as possible in the corporate life of the school (as reasonably required by the Headmaster).
- To contribute to the school ethos.
- To cover for absent colleagues and, when absent themselves, set appropriate work as necessary.
- To take part in the Career Development (Appraisal) scheme.
- To undertake essential training as required by the School from time to time, such as Child Protection Training.
- To maintain confidentially on all matters relating to the School, the staff, parents and pupils.
Specific responsibilities: Teaching Assistant
The normal duties that could be performed are set out below. The Teaching Assistant may also be required to undertake other general duties as reasonably directed by the Headmaster or Head of Pre-Prep from time to time.
- Working alongside teachers in lessons, as directed
- Taking small groups or individual pupils for specific tasks, as directed by the teacher
- Hearing pupils read and changing reading books
- Supporting boys with ICT and computing lessons
- Covering classes and duties when teaching staff are absent for short periods of time, as agreed with the Head of Pre-Prep
- Supervising changing before and after games lessons
- Accompanying pupils to swimming lessons and supervising them in the changing rooms
- Aiding teachers with any reasonable administrative or non-teaching tasks which may include using computer software
- Helping to ensure that the learning environment throughout the Pre-Prep is stimulating and safe, helping to mount and put up wall displays
- Various supervisory and first aid duties at break times and lunch times
- When required, taking a supervisory role at Early Start
- Liaising closely with the Head of Department, the other class teachers and the Head of Individual Development as necessary in all matters relating to the education of the boys
Please email the Headmaster’s Secretaryj.email@example.com for an application form.
Appointment of Grounds and Maintenance Person
We are looking to recruit a Grounds and Maintenance Person to help maintain our grounds and facilities. This role is a great opportunity for someone with experience of grounds and/or facilities maintenance to develop their career in a school with beautiful grounds and first class facilities.
Experience and qualifications
Prior experience in a role involving either grounds or facilities management is required (ideally at least 3 years). Formal qualifications in areas such as groundscare, health and safety or pool management would be an advantage but are not essential as the School will offer full training to enable the successful candidate to develop their skills and career. A full, clean driving licence would be an advantage but is not essential.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual who is a good team player and able to work unsupervised. The successful candidate will need to be fit and capable of heavy work and able to lift, climb ladders, work at height and work in all weather conditions.
How to apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a full job description and application form.